What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, address, etc.)
- Details of items you want valued including photos of these items
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Hanson Ross with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Complete a contact or valuation form on our website
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How will we use your data?
Hanson Ross collects your data so that we can:
- Organise a valuation of your items or provide other services such as probate or insurance valuations, or selling at auction
- Email you updates on Hanson Ross relating to your interests
How do we store your data?
Hanson Ross securely stores your data in one or more of the following places:
- Our secure WordPress website database
- HubSpot CRM system
- Global Auction Platform, a secure online auction platform
- MailChimp database for email newsletter sign ups
- Secure email systems if you make an enquiry, as we may want to communicate by email
We will only retain your data for as long as it is required in relation to the purposes for which it was originally obtained or based on our legal and regulatory requirements. How long personal information will be retained for depends on the type of information it is and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing emails, we will stop sending you emails for marketing purposes (although we will keep a record of your preference not to be emailed).
We send marketing emails to those who have opted to receive them.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You can always opt-out of any of our marketing emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting us.
What are your data protection rights?
Hanson Ross would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Hanson Ross for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Hanson Ross correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Hanson Ross to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Hanson Ross erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Hanson Ross restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Hanson Ross’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Hanson Ross transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
- Tailoring advertising on third party sites such as Google and Facebook
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your location or interests. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. Contact details can be found at https://ico.org.uk.